It’s February 2017 and I’ve had a couple of months of complete upheaval in life and business – and it’s made me realise its time to do the impossible and rebrand myself. (I think all designers out there will give me a ” Hell Yeah!” cause designers designing for themselves is SUPER HARD).
The truth is, for the last 4 years I’ve been booked solid and the last time I did a rebrand was in 2015. I was part of an expensive mastermind (well it was back then! I almost died paying the first payment) and needed something QUICK to make me feel more aligned with the new types of clients that were coming my way, and the new vision I had for my business. My mastermind friend took the photo of me in her hotel room, and three days later my website was all a fresh and it felt fun and light and I was happy. Crisis over.
But in these last two years, my website and brand hasn’t really changed, but I have. Big time.
The way I work with clients is different.
The kind of work I do is different.
My kids are older (both in school!). There are more on my team. They way I see myself in this has changed. The way I see myself has changed.
I’ve said yes to things in my business this year that require a bigger, more present version of me.
So for a while there, I went quiet while I wasn’t sure what I was doing next. I went underground. Can you relate? I kept working on client work and my team and I created some amazing things last year, but I stopped sharing myself with my tribe (because I wasn’t really sure who that was anymore). Not knowing what to do with myself was kind of torture (#firstworldproblems) and it was really, really, really boring. I was SO over myself. I was so sick of myself.
But then one day, I woke up.
A couple of days ago I woke up at 3am, and it’s like I had a vision. I could see they way I wanted things to go (super clearly). Everything had fallen into place. I got out of bed and sat creating until the kids woke up at 7. And yeah, I was a cranky biatch for the rest of the day. But #coffee.
So things are changing. I know how to change them. It took a long time to get out of my own way. I know I have some hard work ahead of me, but the thing is I know how to do this. I do this every week with my clients.
I know how to do this. I’m ready for a really true personal brand to shine. I’m ready to share what I know.
(Would you like to follow my re-brand journey? I’ll be sharing my decisions and brand pain. Click here to hear all the goss.)
And yeah, I’m laughing at myself because it took me so long to realise what was going on. I had to have a 3am vision to wake me up from my own bull crap. I feel “business excited” for the first time in years.
But what about you? Is it time for you to rebrand? Here are some signs you might:
- You stop marketing. When you grow out of alignment with your brand, you stop sending people to your site. You stop promoting on Social Media. Your ashamed to hand out your business cards. Creating content for presentations becomes tedious, and gets put off.
- Because your not in love with the way you are resonating – You start to doubt yourself. Your not feeling good in your own skin. You lower your prices. You take on clients you don’t really want to take on.
- You become mute. People tag you in posts saying how amazing you are, you don’t respond. You don’t respond to work enquiries.
- You start getting boring. “Urge. I hate myself. I don’t know how to move forward in my business. I suck.” You start these conversations with your business bestie, and you repeat until your just sick of yourself.
- You start thinking about coaching – even though its not really your thing. In fact, you start thinking of heaps of random business ideas that detract from your main thing, all because your OVER the way it looks and feels right now.
- You have a list of 100 ways to remove yourself from your business, yet you don’t move forward on any because of #overwhelm.
- You start stalking your competitors and get a massive case of the “i sucks”.
- Your older, wiser. Fatter, thinner. Whatever, but you’ve changed.
- You get less enquiries. Your vibe feels stale, and your not attracting clients cause they feel it too.
- You’ve changed your niche, or you want to. Your old branding becomes a liability.
- Your still getting optins, enquiries, page hits but nothing is converting. See #9 – your not vibing with your clients.
Are you over your own bull crap too? I’d love to hear your reasons for not moving out of your own way. Tell me in the comments below!